Bruschetta: My favorite garden recipe

>> 9.04.2011

Bruschetta is one of my all-time favorite garden recipes.  My adopted mom got me hooked on this years ago. I like to chop things and usually have tomatoes and basil growing in the garden.  It's delicious on toast, french bread, bagel chips or plain old tortilla chips.  I encourage you to try this one while there are still fresh tomatoes available.

Bruschetta

10 Roma* tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup basil, chopped
3 gloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Chop it up, mix it up, serve it up.

This can be made to taste.  Chop in large pieces or dice small.  Add extra of anything.  I delight in never making it the same way twice. You really can't mess this up.

Delish.
~ Katrina

* Roma are less juicy, but I make do with whatever I have on hand.  If it is a watery batch, I strain the bruschetta before adding olive oil, salt and pepper.

1 comments:

Anonymous September 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

yummy (and a great pic, too) ~em

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP