Is Eating Out Good For You?

>> 8.15.2011

Well, not usually.  But it's fun!  I love the break from cooking every now and then.

We usually eat at home, but last week I thought it would be a nice break between cashing in our summer reading rewards at Half Price Books and four grocery stops to eat lunch out.  I'd been dying to try this place one of my friends recommended.

Jason's Deli is my new favorite place to eat!  Their website boasts that Parents Magazine named them "The Best Restaurant in America" in March 2011.  I gotta agree.  I had a wonderful salad bar experience.  Possibly the best looking and tasting salad bar I've ever had.  My honey had the best hot sandwich he can remember having in a long time.  The boys were both pleased with their food, too.  The youngest of the clan enjoyed fresh peppers, apples and carrots from my salad bar plate.  The restaurant offers mostly healthy food with no high fructose corn syrup, trans fat or MSG.  There are organic produce options.  And what I consider a large gluten-free menu.

If you are wondering about cost... It was comparable to our family eating out at Chick-Fil-A, Moe's or Panera.  But a little better for you.

Excluding the drinks and ice cream we thoroughly enjoyed, it was almost as healthy as eating at home.

And so, so good! Did I mention that? :)
~ Katrina

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP