Healthy snacks

>> 11.16.2012

Am I the last to hear about no-bake energy balls?  Man, I love these yummy, healthy bites.  If you haven't heard of them either, this blog's for you.  (I took no pictures because my first attempts at making this snack were yummy, but not pretty! See pretty picture here.)

If you like oatmeal like me--granola, no bake cookies, granola bars, cooked oatmeal, you name it--you will also love these no bake energy balls.  I have doubled the recipe each time.  They are quick and simple to make and I don't feel guilty eating them!  These are great for breakfast, dessert or anything in between.


No Bake Energy Balls

1 cup dry, old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup flax seeds or chia seeds (you can find these at Kroger or a health food store)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Stir all ingredients together.  Refrigerate for half an hour.  Roll into balls and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.   I admit, I found myself sneaking them between meals when the kids weren't looking.


The original recipe suggested coconut and chocolate chips, which I left out but sounds really good.  It's a versatile recipe.  Add or subtract ingredients as long as you keep enough honey to hold the balls together.  Try other grains, nuts/seeds, or dried fruits.  Lemme know if you come up with something great.

If you really like pumpkin, try these Pumpkin No Bake Energy Balls from the same website.  My family all really liked this recipe, too.

Yum, yum!
~ Katrina

2 comments:

C Watkins November 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM  

Ooooh! Sounds tasty ... and I have all the ingredients already!
Can't wait to try 'em. Thanks for sharing!

Christian and Katrina November 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM  

Yay! Hope you like them as much as I do. I find great pleasure in my kids thinking something healthy is yummy enough to beg for it. :)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP