Brighten whites naturally

>> 2.17.2013


A friend of mine recently shared this blog with me for a better-than-Oxiclean recipe.  I've tried it twice now with good results.  It's simple and since we make our own laundry soap we already have the ingredients on hand.

Toss 1/2 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda and 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide into a load of whites with your regular laundry soap.  Let it sit overnight (or at least for a couple of hours) and run your load normally.  I thought my whites were noticeably whiter.

If you haven't tried making your own laundry soap yet, you are missing out on huge savings.  Pop over here to see the recipe we use.

If you try the whitener recipe, let me know how it works for you.
~Katrina

P.S.  So... I always love sharing book ideas and hearing some from you.  The boys (now 9 and almost 6... what happened?!) have just finished The Wright Brothers by Quentin Reynolds.  They very much enjoyed this book.  It encourages the reader to be inventive and work hard.  Inspirational really.  I wanted to go out and build something every time we read another chapter.  Some days they colored in this book while we read which details the history of flight.  The coloring book was delightfully informative for my fact-seeking 9-year-old and contained well-drawn aircraft that was fun to color for my almost 6-year-old.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP